Monday, November 27, 2017

Artificial Radio Hour with Rev. Dr. Dr. Phill Part 48




Hey there folks!

It’s late this week, but you probably didn’t notice. Better late than never, I guess.

This week the podcast clips all come from an episode of The F Plus Podcast all about the “Concave Earth” theory. It’s pretty nuts, I hope it makes you chuckle.

The music is courtesy of a suggestion from recent subscriber Kelly, who said, “Prog”. It turns out Prog can mean a lot of different things, but the one thing that all of the music on this week’s show has in common is that the bands involved (except I think Killing Joke) were on the wikipedia page for “progressive music".

I don't know if I'm gonna be doing the big write-ups on this blog every week. It's a heck of a lot of work. I've found an easier way to insert links, so you can click through to find the info that I might have put into a blog entry. Let me know if you prefer the longer entries or the shorter, link-filled ones like this one. Leave a comment below!

Enjoy!

-Rev. Dr. Dr. Phill

Yup. He's crazy.

Voyager - The Alan Parsons Project (1978)


Nasal Retentive Calliope Music - The Mothers Of Invention (1968)
Entends-Tu Les Chiens Aboyer? - Vangelis (1977)

The Gold Bug - The Alan Parsons Project (1980)

Box 25/4 Lid - Soft Machine (1968)
 

Therapy and Other Hobbies - Tangerine Dream, Woody Jackson, The Alchemist, Oh No & DJ Shadow (2013)

The Maggots - Simon Boswell (Phenomena - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (1987)


I Robot - The Alan Parsons Project (1977)

The Mincer - King Crimson (1974)

The Chrome Plated Megaphone of Destiny - The Mothers Of Invention (1968)

Limelight (isolated drums edit) - Rush (1981)

Turn to Red (bass loop) - Killing Joke (1979)


Trap - Robert Fripp (1981)

Limelight (Rev. Dr. Dr. Phill drum’n’bass remix) - Rush (1981) which consists of:

  • Limelight (isolated Neil Peart drum track) - Rush (1981)
  • Limelight (isolated Geddy Lee bass track) - Rush (1981)
  • Limelight (isolated Geddy Lee vocal track) - Rush (1981)
  • YYZ (isolated Alex Lifeson guitar solo) - Rush (1981)



1 comment:

  1. This was pretty crazy and I did laugh! But I also really enjoyed the Alan Parsons Project because that was one of my all time favorite albums when I was in college but I hadn't heard it in so long!! And then RUSH was one of my favorites too. I like all the deconstructing of the song because it made me pay more attention to the lyrics. I enjoyed the spacy PROG music.... I enjoy when you write more about what you know about the musicians or whatever in your blog but a short one now and then is fine, I mean, this whole project is a lot of work! Gotta give you a ton of credit tho, you have stuck to it for so many months! Great job!

    ReplyDelete